Frequently asked questions
How to Clean Fur-Based Felt or Wool Hats
To clean a hat made of fur-based felt or wool, the first step will be using a clean, soft bristle brush. Horsehair brushes or a hat brush made with natural fibers are recommended for cleaning felt and wool.
Going counterclockwise with your brush, begin at the crown and work your way to the brim and out. This loosens dust, dirt, debris, and other particles that your cowboy hat can gather every day.
If the inside of your cowboy hat's band has staining, a sprinkle of cornstarch or talcum powder can absorb the moisture and oils. Let the talcum or cornstarch sit for several hours before brushing away the excess.
If your hat is made from beaver, rabbit, or wild hare fur, keep this list of important do-nots in mind:
• Do not use detergent.
• Do not use water.
• Do not use your washer.
• Do not use your dryer.
• Do not iron.
How to Clean Straw Hats
Wipe away any surface dirt and debris. Low-level dirt can be tackled with a clean, dry cloth. Since straw is generally light in color, use an undyed cloth to make sure dye isn't transferred. Like the fur-felt or wool hat, a soft-bristled brush may be necessary to remove heavier soiling from the hat without getting it wet.
QUICK TIPS FOR Fur felt and Wool HAT CLEANING
• When setting down or storing your hat be sure to rest the hat upside-down on its crown. Placing the hat right-side-up puts pressure on the brim and can warp the overall shape of your hat.
• When you take off your hat at the end of the day, turn the sweatband down before hanging it so it can dry thoroughly between uses. This can help prevent the build-up of hair products and can keep sweat from staining the felt.
• A hat brush can be used daily to clean off dust and dirt to keep your hat in good shape.
• Protect your hat from staining and water damage with a water-repellent spray.
• If your hat is leather, use a conditioning cream often to keep it supple and looking new.
• Remember that badges, pins, tape, and stick-on labels may mar the finish of your leather.
• If your hat can be washed with water or a damp cloth, use a hat rack or set it upside down to preserve the shape while it dries.
• Never use direct heat while cleaning or drying your hat.
• If you store your hat between uses, choose a dust-free, protected area or a hat storage box.
A little elbow grease, a great hat brush, and these hat cleaning tips will have your hat looking almost brand new
HOW TO FIND YOUR SIZE
How to measure for hat size:
- Using a soft “dressmakers” measuring tape, measure the circumference of the head just above the ears as shown in the diagram. Wrap the tape gently around the head, do not pull the tape too tight or your hat may fit tightly.
- This may not be as accurate but if you do not have a soft, flexible measuring tape you can use a string (make sure it does not stretch) around the head, marking it where it meets. Then lay the string flat, measure it against a ruler.
With either method we suggest measuring a few times to be sure it is correct.
The conversion chart shows both inches and centimeters, however we have found centimeters to be most accurate.
Each product has a sizing chart assigned to it. Please refer to the size chart on each product page before making your purchase.
If you are unsure or in-between sizes we recommend sizing up and adding some hat fillers for the perfect fit.
Hat Making Materials - Traditional and New Performance Fabrics
Raffia palm hat long leaves, up to 80 feet, of which the veins are used to make hats bag, shoes, ties, textiles. Hats are crocheted, woven or it is braided and sewn into a hat. Often one long strand is used for a hat. The hats are lightweight, airy, durable
Polyester fibers are synthesized from petroleum-based products. Polyester fabrics are durable, resistant to stretching, shrinking, and wrinkling. Hats made from polyester keep their shape, color, washable and dry quickly. Polyester fibers are made into yarn, and plaited and braided, just as straw. These hats mimic the look of straw hats with the advantage, that can be worn safely in water without damaging the hat.
Wool is made of soft animal fibers, most often merino sheep or lamb, but can be alpaca, camel, llama, angora goat. Wool fabrics are durable, wrinkle resistance, moisture wicking, flame resistant, hypoallergenic. What is cool about wool, is that it keeps you warm due to its insulating properties, and keeps you cool due to its breathable air pockets.
Fur soft, thick animal hair. Fur felt is most often made of rabbit, beaver, hare skin. It is softer than wool felt. Mohair is a high quality fur felt, usually made of rabbit fur.
Wide variety of styles
We not only want to keep you safe from Rain or Shine harsh sun ray UVA/UVB while out and about, but we also want to make you look good. That is why our product are uniquely built and designed. Our products are available in many different designs, meaning that you can choose one that suits your taste and preference.
We have multiple choices of products and a variety of prints and colours to suits your everyday activities.
Our products are available in different styles and designs, and you can order those that suit your unique style. Our main aim is to keep you comfortable. That is why our products are very affordable and of great quality.
Therefore, if you are looking for quality products sold at an affordable price, contact us today. We have stock available ready to ship and dispatch each business day.
Due to COVID-19, please note that there could be delays to deliveries. We are trying our best to ensure that we provide a prompt service and relay all information that our preferred carriers are providing. Our Delivery times, mentioned at Checkout are estimated and as close as what we can possibly provide during these times. If they do vary by a few days we do sincerely apologise. For any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly team.
We always ship next business day, but often get it out same day if ordered early.
Refund / Exchange
AT KOALA ADVANCE WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON PROVIDING QUALITY PRODUCT TO OUR CUSTOMERS. WE WANT YOU TO ENJOY YOUR PURCHASES AND CONTINUE SHOPPING WITH US. IF YOUR PURCHASE ISN’T RIGHT WE ARE HAPPY TO OFFER A REFUND TO EXCHANGE OR RETURN SUBJECT TO THE POINTS BELOW, ALTHOUGH PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS ON SALE ITEMS.
- ALL ITEMS MUST BE RETURNED VIA REGISTERED POST TO THE FOLLOWING
- ALL ITEMS MUST BE RETURNED WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE ORIGINAL ORDER BEING PLACED.
- ITEMS MUST BE RETURNED UNWORN, UNUSED AND WITH ORIGINAL PACKAGING, TAGS INTACT.
- YOU MUST INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT WITH YOUR RETURN. FOLLOWING PROOF OF PURCHASE DOCUMENTS:
- REGISTER RECEIPT
- ONLINE TAX INVOICE (ORDER CONFIRMATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)
- FINANCIAL STATEMENTS SUCH AS A BANK STATEMENT, CREDIT CARD STATEMENT
- ONLINE PROOF OF PURCHASE WHEN CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE ALSO INCLUDES PAYPAL STATEMENTS.
- REFUNDS WILL EXCLUDE ANY POSTAGE COSTS.
- PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 14 DAYS FROM THE DAY YOU POST YOUR RETURN FOR YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE CREDITED. CUSTOMERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGE. KOALA ADVANCE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR GOODS DAMAGED OR LOST IN RETURN TRANSIT. WE RECOMMEND USING A POSTAGE METHOD PROVIDING INSURANCE AND TRACKING.
- DISCOUNTED SALE ITEMS CANNOT BE REFUNDED OR EXCHANGED.
EXCEPTION/ NON-RETURNABLE OR EXCHANGED, UNFORTUNATELY, WE CANNOT ACCEPT RETURNS ON FACE MASKS, NECK GAITER, REPLACEMENT FILTERS AND ALL PERSONAL CARE ITEMS.
IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER ENQUIRIES REGARDING OUR RETURNS POLICY PLEASE EMAIL US AT
WHILE WE TAKE CARE AND INSPECT ALL ITEMS TO ENSURE THEY MEET OUR QUALITY STANDARDS BEFORE SENDING YOUR ORDER TO YOU, WE ARE SORRY IF YOU’VE RECEIVED SOMETHING THAT IS FLAWED. IN THE CASE THAT YOU BELIEVE SOMETHING IS FAULTY OR HAS BEEN DAMAGED IN TRANSIT, PLEASE SUBMIT A RETURN HERE AND SEND IMAGES TO OUR TEAM VIA EMAIL AT SALE@KOALAADVANCE.COM.AU SO THAT WE CAN HELP YOU.
PER AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW, IF SOMETHING YOU’VE PURCHASED IS DEEMED BY US TO HAVE A MINOR FLAW, WE WILL ASSIST TO ORGANISE A REPLACEMENT. IF YOUR ITEM IS DEEMED BY US TO HAVE A MAJOR FAULT, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPTION OF A REPLACEMENT, REFUND OR STORE CREDIT.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN ITEM DIFFERENT TO WHAT YOU ORDERED WE DEEPLY APOLOGISE. PLEASE LOG A RETURN REQUEST AND SEND OUR TEAM AN EMAIL TO SALE@KOALAADVANCE.COM.AU WITH A PHOTO AND BRIEF DESCRIPTION AND WE WILL HELP TO RECTIFY THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.